Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, December 22, 2012
I did it, I learned a new way to lose at Planetside 2. I don't believe it's "new," as in brand new, but I've never done it before. Take a look.



I falled down.
Yes, that's me in free-fall near Mani Bio Lab. I am not, however, falling onto it, as you may suspect. I am in fact falling from Mani Bio Lab. As in, I'm beneath the ground, falling forever into the void. I've screwed up many a time in PS2, but I have never done this one before. Yay for new tricks!

The really bad part was that I was kicking butt at the time this happened. I mean, for me. I had a positive K/D ratio and helped spearhead the capture another base, on two fronts.

First I was the first of my faction to the base while driving a Lightning. I blew up two Sunderers and killed or badly wounded a handful of troops before my allies arrived. The first Sunderer I kept moving my tank to stay in front of so it couldn't drive away while I shot it up.

After we set up a strong foothold near the base and began flooding it with Republican Red, the New Conglomerate holed up in the capture room and laid waste to us as we tried to cross over one of two bridges to them. In fact, they were only covering one, and we kept going down that one. Odd, I thought, so I grabbed line-of-sight down the other bridge, got out my new toy, a TMG-50, switched it into burst-fire mode and took out two medics and an engineer so my allies could swarm the room. Victory! I was big-time, I thought. Then I went to the next base, where Planetside 2 didn't just pull the rug out from under me, it pulled the whole damned world out from under me.

Well played, Planetside. You win again.

0 comments: