Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, December 13, 2012
I figured out how to live longer - avoid firefights. Really! It works wonders. Feel free to use that advice in your real life, too. I recently was playing for 40 minutes and died but once. I think I fired off a total 65 rounds the whole time because I managed to blend in with a huge TR movement from base to base. Until, that is, I didn't.



I helped cap a base just outside of the New Conglomerate warp gate under fire from a few aircraft. I opted to grab my shiny anti-air missile launcher and try to take them down. I didn't kill any of them but I chased three back to their WG for repairs. Pleased with myself, I looked around to see where we were going next. The answer turned my stomach.

We weren't going anywhere. There was no we. I was all alone.

Great. Alone in a tiny base just outside a rival faction WG isn't where you want to be, especially if you only survived as long as you did by hiding out in a large mass of allies. It's OK - we can work with this. I'll just grab a Flash and... uh oh, an NC tank is parked nearby. That means I should try and sneak back out the other way. I was making my escape when it happened: the capture point turned yellow, and then blue.

CRAP.

Let's recap. I'm alone, I got here by utilizing a pack mentality, there's a tank outside that is now rolling back and forth looking for trouble and the capture point just got flipped to the other faction, despite the fact that I can't see anyone near it. I should run. I should run and not look back. I haven't died in 35 minutes, which has to be a personal best. I don't want to screw up my good mood by getting killed cheaply, but... there's no one by the point. The tank can't see me there. I have my overshield and a gun I like. Still.. dammit... maybe.... GAHH!!

I hopped down and converted the point back to the Terran Republic. I was nearly done defending when a New Conglomerate dude walked past me. He just walked past me! I can do this, he didn't even see me! FIRE! FIREFIREFIREFIREFIRE!! He's easy prey!

... DAMMIT!! Yes, that was the encounter from my Not Fair post. I'm still upset.

0 comments: